Thread: Maui pics
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 04:54 PM

Stones is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostafew View Post
Great shots, makes me miss Maui now! My favorite spot was Coral Gardens off Hwy30 between Lahaina and Maalaea. What camera did you shoot with?
The camera I was using was a Panasonic TS3. It worked pretty good for the most part but depending on how sunny it was the auto exposure setting did some funny things from time to time. Previous trips I had used a dicapac waterproof enclosure which was very akward to shoot with and made viewing the LCD screen impossible. The camera was also too small for the dicapac so I had alot of shots where you could see the black lens barrel from the dicapac bag.

With the TS3, I could easily see the LCD screen and check to see how decent my pictures were while in the water. No leaks or fogging issues with the external lens either. I'd highly recommend this camera for anyone not looking to buy a dedicated waterproof case for their digital camera.

We never did visit the corals gardens but I think I know where you are talking about. We stayed only a few minutes from Honolua Bay so that is where we went the most. I would have liked to have gone back to "The Dumps" at least once more because there was a real nice reef with tons of marine life. A pod of spinner dolphins was also commonly seen there but they never came close enough to get any under water pics.