View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 06:56 PM

DisneyCoralReef is on a distinguished road

So we added the rock to the sump, instantly took some noise down, but I also noticed something else which I thought was unusual. Now the rock we added is dry, dead as dead can be-rock, within 18 hours following the addition of the rock to the sump(and I dont know that this its actually possible-because this makes no sense to me), but the tank got much clearer, to the point where you couldn't see a thing before in the tank, and now you can suddenly see the power heads and a vague outlines of the sand.

Does the rock itself(even dead) affect the way the water now goes through the sump and allow for the water to get clearer? is this coming from the skimmer that's now working differently?

I know I have read online the skimmer can suddenly "break in", tho Im not sure how you would know that, but maybe that would explain the response to the tank?

I've started to move the sand more evenly in the tank so it's quite a big messy again. For those iphone users curious to see the tank live, I have air cam installed live and have the IP address and password for those who want to see the tank-just pm me. Still need to add foam to the pump to still continue to try to bring the sound down.

Last edited by DisneyCoralReef; 07-12-2011 at 07:04 PM.