View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 08:36 PM

DisneyCoralReef is on a distinguished road
Default Update

So the tank is looking good. It's still very foggy inside as the sand starts settling, but you can very slowly see some clearing up every day. I am running into an issue however with the pump.

I don't know if it's this pump specifically, or if it's something going on with my set up-but it's LOUD. I have been around multiple tanks that were similar in size, and this pump very loud. Now I can take a video to try to give you an idea of what it sounds like, but it is definitely much louder than what I would have expected a pump to be. I've tried changing the volume of the water in pumps out, and it does get a little bit quieter if I open it up, but it is still quite loud(having it more open really changed the entire way the water cycles through the tank. Should I try to sit the pump on something to help reduce that vibration? no idea what to do with this one.

The other issue as well, is I filled my sump at the recommended amount for my skimmer, but wanted to know if there were any tips or tricks to try to lower the volume of the sound it makes when it spits the water back out. I've tried rotating it a bit closer to the side of the sump wall, to help the water hit that instead of spitting it it right out. I thought about adding(I think it's 1 inch PVC) where it spits out, to have it go right into the water-bad idea?

Tho the sounds of the skimmer I really don't mind.

As for the corner overflow, regarding how full it is, how much water should I have? the less water there is, the higher it has to go when dropping into the corner overflow, and the louder I am assuming it is going to be. Advice?