View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 03:20 AM

phi delt reefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
Well this is not going to be a lengthy review. BUT I finally have my frag tank set up with all the bells and whistles and I needed a powerhead to treat these frags well. I know its "just" a frag tank but I plan on having SPS etc in there and I wanted decent flow in the tank so was exploring decent pumps. Now I have an MP40WES on my display tank and have zero problems with it and love it. But this is a 30 G frag tank. I considered an MP10WES but honestly couldnt justify the price for all the cool effects just for a frag tank. I have never had a Tunze pump before but after researching it I found the nanostream 6045 to be at a price point and flow that I was looking for. After putting it in I really couldnt believe the flow from this little pump and was impressed by the silence. It has a flow regulator but I cranked it up all the way and honestly I cant imagine needing anything more for this tank.

So I havent had it very long but if you are debating what you may need and considering this pump I highly recommend it.

Palmer
how wide is the flow?

i have a koralia 1050 that i am looking to replace with a tunze or mp10