View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 12:55 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoralineCori View Post
Hmmm, ok, we will stick to the krill/Mysis/brine...those we definitely have been feeding him. We have a moderate flow in the tank but the original place he was (he seemed to stay there for a while) was in the middle of surrounding rocks so he didnt get a whole lot of flow. We have 2 dual lamp T5 HO's (aquaticlife fixtures that can be paired together). each duals have 1 actinic and one daylight each).

My water params are pretty much perfect all the time and we use only r/o water for adding and changes.

I read somewhere tonight that one actinic and one daylight is usually good for up to 30 gal, is this true? I am running 2 fixtures for a 40 gal, so maybe too much lighting. The anemone kind of went to the backside of the rock he was originally on at first almost like he was trying to get out of the light so it is possible I suppose.

Thanks for the input!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoralineCori View Post
Maybe I should be looking for "split" anemones in my tank lol. Maybe thats what it was doing out of sight!

i think your fine on lights i mean im running a 250w halide on a tank thats only 12 " high but nems are a broad species so what yours likes mine may not and vice versa.i wouldnt be worried about your nem moving around its gonna pop up sooner or later once its settled its prob just looking for a more comfortable area.do you have any clowns?

nems that arent healthy are dis coloured cant grab a foot hold on rocks have gaping mouths and wont eat so if you think your is fine it probably is.nems that are gonna die usually do so quickly within a couple days so just keep your eyes on it and have good water and you will be fine.

moving is their nature and out of all the nems in our hobby bta's and mag's are the fastest ol buggers lol chers