View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 02:27 AM

CoralineCori is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
I would'nt be adding anything else to your water. Do a couple of big water changes over the week or so until your water parameters are back to normal.Thats just plain silly to add anything else. There could be several reasons to the cause of your red cyano, try working on the reason why before adding some quick remedy chemical.
My water params are fine, always have been, just calcium was up since the new salt we started using. I believe its becasue of the make-up of it being a reef mixture and not the marine mixture we previously used. We did try to single out causes of the cyano already by first cutting food back, lights back etc. The easy-Life excital got rid of the cyano...long process but it worked and I have no plans on adding anything else to the tank. My corals are springing back finally and water is still in perfect shape...probably a mix of salt change and cyano treatment. It's been 10 days since treatment and so far so good. been feeding corals more zooplankton and that may be whats made them come back. I'm starting to think it was the salt switch and the lack of plankton for my filter feeders now that stressed the corals cause I don't believe them to be dying at this point. Oh the joys of a reef tank lol. Seems we are tending to it 24/7. I enjoy it, just dont want a full out crash!!!!