View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 03:12 AM

PFoster is on a distinguished road

I snapped some pics when I mixed up my latest batch of food.

I know I posted it before but none the less...

Here are the foods that I am using:
1 tsp Fauna Marin Ultra MinF
1 tsp Fauna Marin Ultra Clam
1 tsp Fauna Marin Ultra SeaFan
1 tsp Fauna Marin Zoa/Acan
7 tsp MinD

I add all the dry foods into a 500 ml beaker

An actual beaker is not required

Add the 7 ml of Fauna Marin MinD and mix it up.

Now I put the food mixture into the fridge overnight.

I was crazy busy as per usual and forgot this mixture in the fridge for an extra day so it is a bit more of a stiff paste than normal but you can definately see that the Fauna Marin foods are fully hydrated in the MinD.

When you tilts the beaker the food slowly slides as opposed to pours to one side.

You can see how thick the food mixture is here. This definately qualifies as a thick paste!

Now I take the Fauna Marin Food mixture, add approx 500ml of tank water and stir.

Now I pour the mixture into my super high tech food resevoirs

Normally i do take the time to clean these out after every time that I add food into them but this week was just too busy so unfortunately this bit of maintenance was skipped this on this occasion.

If you were wondering what exactly I am talking about there, if you look carefully at the bottle above you can see some red residue on the pop bottle that the food mixture is in. Right now I am using an air pump to slowly bubble in the food mixture to stop any food from settling out. Its not ideal as it does cause a small amount of food to basically skim out but only a tiny bit.I do plan on upgrading to some magnetic stirrers but all in good time.

I did not snap a pic, but I do actually top up the above pop bottle with some more tank water so that there is just under 750 ml of water in the bottle.

The tank is dosed 10 ml, 24 times a day so thats 240ml per day total. So the food that I prepare lasts approx 3 days.

Yup its a lot of food!
This tank is tied into my sps tank and I have definately not seen ANY algae bloom or coloring down of the acros. Far from it in fact, they are coloring up better than ever.