View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 09:44 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

From the photo your pumps certainly appear to be positioned lower than I have mine. Looks like close to 12 inches down from the top? I just measured mine and the top of the dry side motor is about 4 and a half inches from the rim of the tank on the right side and the left side one is about 5 inches below the rim. Still think healthy fish of a reasonable size and cognizant of being in the vicinity of a VorTech should not easily get trapped. Cleaner shrimp, blenny & baby clown are smaller critters and perhaps just bad luck that they got too close at the wrong time. Might not be a bad idea to raise your VorTechs just a bit more. Aside from getting them a bit farther away from the livestock, it will improve surface agitation and as a consequence, better gas exchange/oxygenation. Downside to the increased surface agitation (on my system anyhow) is that it really messes up my once highly polished T5 & MH reflectors, can't get 'em clean any more, grrr... Will be switching to LEDs some day anyhow, no more reflectors.

Last edited by mike31154; 06-17-2011 at 09:47 PM.