View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 04:28 PM

dynamite is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone for the replies.
I really don't know what's going on but I know I'm not the only one cuz yesterday I googled "killer vortechs" LOL and found some threads.

All of my fish are healthy and fat (the yellow tang is gaining weight cuz I bought him somehow skinny) and I'ts been almost 3 years since I got my tank and never had a fish get sick or die because of unknown reasons.

My vortechs had kill so far 1 tailspot Blenny, 1 cleaner shrimp and 1 baby clownfish and 3 days ago tried to kill my yellow tang while I was feeding.. I don't know if he was gonna be able to get away from it but in less than a second I helped him out.

My water parameters are somehow "fine" I guess.. I test my water every week cuz I'm trying to lower my nitrates (ppm20-25) Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0 and phosphates (0.03 or 0.3 with hanna)
So I have no idea of what's going on.. yesterday I did a water change (10-15% every week) and my Tailspot blenny went to hide.. Next thing I see when I came back from classes was him stucked in the grills on my mp40 vortech

Last edited by dynamite; 06-17-2011 at 04:31 PM.