View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 02:31 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Yah, unfortunate, but like other posters, I have yet to lose a fish to either of my MP40s in well over two years of operation. I run them without foam guard in EcoSmart Tidal Swell Mode up to almost 90%. So not at 90% constantly, but at various points throughout the day, one or both will be running at that speed for some time. My autofeeder is positioned at one end of the tank near an MP40 and the fish hang out there in anticipation of feeding time. Yellow Tang gets quite close to VorTech with his tail at times and Sngapore Angel zips fairly close to it on its way to the feeding trough. Even my female Maroon Clown ventures in that direction come feeding time. Mind you, these are all good sized fish, but my Lawnmower Blenny used to graze the pump cage and sit on top on occasion as well without getting harmed. For some reason he stopped eating and starved, but certainly not a VorTech related issue.

Interested in hearing more on your issue though. What were the other losses & circumstances? Perhaps they were chased into the powerhead by aggressive fish in your system?