View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 01:51 AM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

sorry for your loss but all these fish in such small tanks????!! My guess is they died from lack of oxygen from the temperature rising.

That's a lot of fish in such a tiny tanks.

Contaminated mysis? I think not all the fish would have died...unless it is poison and if it is poison then other things would have died as well. Surely the invertabrate ate some too, and they would be dead too.

BTW, was that PE Mysis? because those are freshwater and are unlikely to carry any saltwater disease or bacteria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy! View Post

So I had a massive fish die-off in two of my tanks yesterday. Its the weirdest thing...

I have 3 small tanks right now, and I came home to find all fish dead in 2 of the tanks. All my corals and inverts are doing awesome still. Water perameters are perfect. The only thing that I can think of is that I got a bad batch of Mysis. I know its a long shot, but its the only thing that the two tanks have in common. My third tank that I feed pellets only too was totally fine and normal. I opened the package on Tuesday night, fed the BC29, and the shallow tank that night with Mysis, the BC14 with NLS pellets. Wednesday afternoon, I came home to all fish dead. Not a single one left in the two Mysis tanks...

I lost the following fish, but nothing else! Inverts are fine, corals are looking great...

1 X Maroon Gold Stripe CLown
1 X Flame Angel
1 X Kole Tang
1 X True Perc clown
1 X Tailspot Blenny
1 X Black back Butterfly
1 X Bi-color Dottyback
2 X Black Yellowline Damsels

A sad, sad day for FishyFishy... and an expensive one.

Last edited by daniella3d; 06-10-2011 at 01:54 AM.