View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 11:41 PM

Funky_Fish14 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Funky_Fish14

Thank-you for all the comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phi delt reefer View Post
try setting the camera to fast action or sports mode. No flash and turn off all the room lights, just keep the tank light on. See how the pics turn out then?

Hows that starry blenny? Love how in that one pic it looks like the rock is giving you the finger
I'll have to try the sports mode, thanks! I had flash off for sure with all the pics. Room lights - They were actually all off! Haha. Problem is walkout basement with a ridiculous amount of windows. I tried covering a couple but... I'll do pics at night instead.

Starry blenny is really cool! He is very personable and active. He runs and hides when I first show up, but then comes right back out after a minute or two and hangs out waiting for food.

Lol that rock is a funny one. I think I might fiddle a bit with the aquascape. It did have little blue clove polyps on it before, but they receded in old tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
Nice clean look to that tank very nice. Your livestock choices are a little different too which is cool. Be hella careful cleaning the glass with 1mm of glass between water and disaster lol.

- check bwi forum for the latest on them (buyer beware)
Thanks Brett.
Actually im starting to question my choice with the cardinals... im not sure they are going to enjoy the waterflow... they already get blown around quite a bit. Not sure why I bought the 3 different types... it was a bit of an impulse. If I did it again, i'd go with either the tailspot or threadfins only, but again, the current might pose an issue with these...

Haha, the front piece of glass is about 2mm lower than the sides, i've definitely splashed water over the front every time I dip my hands in! (part of the reason tank was cheap lol).

Thanks for info on BWI. Will look into it beforehand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef View Post
I have a similar situation with my mh. I wanted a more blue affect without compromising growth potential so I added a 12" vertex blue LED. I zip tied it between 2 mh's in a fixture and WOW, what a difference!
I'll look into those. Thank-you!