Thread: Goby Tank
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 08:03 PM

ProReef is on a distinguished road
Smile

I couldn't agree more; I LOVE GOBIES-especially the nano little guys. I have quite a few in my 75 gallon and i am so in love with them, and they stay so small, they are super colorful and full of personality. And in your bio cube they will be happy in there for ever. Some great nano gobies i would suggest are:
1. Eviota pellicida (neon orange goby) great in groups
2. Trimma benjamini (Benji red-ring eye trimma goby) great in groups
3. Trimma rubromaculatus (red spot trimma Goby)great in groups and spawn easily in captivity
4. Trimma cana (Candy Cane trimma Goby) great in groups
5. Gobiosoma punticulatus (mexican red cap/head goby) only keep one.
6. Trimma striata (red stripe trimma goby) good in groups, will find individual spots-but no fighting
7. Gobiosoma multifasciatum (green banded goby) i only have one so i'm not sure-but so pretty with his red zorro mask
8. Stonogobiops yasha (Yasha shrimp goby) good in groups and with a pistol shrimp too especially candy stripe pistol Alpheus candy???
9. (ORA Tiger goby) i have a couple, they bicker a bit but ok as they are
10. Discordipinna griessingeri (Griessenger's Prawn goby) very delicate and tiny but such a treat when i do see him.
11. Gobiosoma oceanops (Neon Bluestripe cleaner goby) i have a pair and they are so awesome together

All my little guys, nano/trimma gobies all eat a mixed diet: cyclopeeze, brine shrimp, small mysis, and New Life Spectrum has a small fish formula that ROCKS!!! All of them eat both frozen and the pellets too! Good luck with your goby collection, i hope this list proves helpful- included the most common common name's i'm familiar with and the latin names as well. Keep us posted on your goby tank. i look forward to follow your thread. Yippee little guys!
Cheers Ronnie