View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 11:55 AM

phi delt reefer is on a distinguished road

I dont believe there will be a substanial impact for this reason;

all gasoline companies make gasoline for each other. So if there is a petro canada refinery thats local to you - chances are that they are making gas for Esso/Canadian Tire/Loblaws/Shell/etc for every station in a 100KM radius. They custom blend each batch so Esso users get their type of fuel, shell gets theirs, etc. There are slight differences and propietary additives after all. But they all come out the closest refineries. <<GOD I CANT SPELL>>.

We need to convince our government to regulate the price of fuel and start reducing our need for fuel and fuel byproducts (ie plastic) - I know I know easier said then done but fuel is a limited resource and with a global economy all it means is that we dont want to pay what multi national corps want for fuel then somebody else will. Argentina nationalized their oil and fuel and its pennies a gallon there. Why on earth are we sending our stuff (oil sands) to the states so we can just buy it back from them?!?! Government does a lot of short term thinking because they are only in power for 4 years so they make lots of expensive short term decisions to buy votes.