View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 05:32 PM

clowningaround is on a distinguished road
Smile Good For Bean....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWorldAquatic View Post
Not too often do I see our practices and procedures pushed to the limit, but when I do, I am happy to see it.

I was at the store later than normal today, and was acclimatin an order that Air Canada screwed up on (was delayed & bumped on 3 flights), so I wasn't in too good of a mood since some of the fish weren't looking too happy.

But as I was checking out the new stock, in the corner of my eye I noticed that Bean was talking to a NEW customer. I took notice on how she was giving this new customer the third degree, and was asking him lots of questions. I heard "2 week old tank", but didn't interrupt. Then I heard, "We don't sell fish when we know they are just going to die".

Then I saw the customer storm out of the store, mumbling "I'll get it elsewhere."

So I asked Bean what the problem was, thinking we upset the customer somehow.

She told me the customer had "just cycled" his tank that was set up 2 weeks ago, but did not test anything. When prompted we'd be happy to test a water sample for him, he refused to waste his time to driver home to get a sample but wanted a fish.

Lynsey refused to sell the fish to him due to not knowing if the tank was "READY".

Cudos to you Lyndsy, putting health before profit. Happy to have you aboard.

Ken
That is awsome Bean.. Like i said,stick with what you beleive and don't second guess yourself. We all stand behind you with a right decision like that.Good job!!-Shan-