View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 06:00 PM

Ryanst is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTang<3 View Post
Why not make a 1 peice L shaped tank and then section it off when ready for sps
\I already have the 96x24x24 tank and L shaped tanks probably cost alot to build and would probably have to be built on site as it would be so heavy to move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrologist View Post
Are you planing to connect your FOWLR and your SPS tank to the same sump???

This is a very bad idea. Your FOWLR tank is huge and you will never be able to get your nitrates down to a level that your SPS will grow.

I would also not mix lions and triggers, some get away with it (for a period of time), but for the most part you are looking at a disaster.

.....look into installing a HRV or at least a vent for an exhaust fan (that is great advice, you will have a lot of water in the house)

It looks like you are trying to do things right, so I would research a few of the ideas here.

.......going to be a fantastic build, have fun!
Thanks for the extra info I never thought to even check if I could put lion fish with triggers. I dont think I will have to much of a problem with nitrates and I want to set up an auto water change so I would have to do it twice if I had the tanks separated I also hate testing water so if I only have one system of water I would do it more often.