View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 07:10 AM

TimT is on a distinguished road

If you get a small enough Yellow Tang, say 2-2.5" you should be good for a year or so. How much you feed it, what temperature you keep your tank at and the fishes genetics will have a lot to do with how fast and large it grows. Some fish do not grow big while others of the same species do. Kind of like people, all the same species but there are some big ones and some small ones. LOL I have seen a Sailfin Tang over 12" and had a Sailfin Tang myself for 12 years that only grew to 4" in a 90 gallon. They were the same species.

As for fish jumping, I have made a top of clear monofilament fish netting in a window screen. Works great... lots of airflow but no fish flow. It's not just wrasses that jump, any fish can jump if it gets spooked bad enough or chased by a tank mate.

Some of my favourite fishes are Dragon Face Pipefish, Moorish Idols, White Bar Mystery Wrasse, Fairy and Flasher wrasses, Bellus Angels, Sunset Anthias, Ventralis Anthias, Mandarin Dragonet and Leopard Wrasses... but you need to get a good one and even then they can have issues as they are very sensitive to handling/shipping stress.

Cheers,
Tim

ps. Vlamingii Tang tastes better than tuna so does that make Vlamingii Tang Dolphin safe???

Last edited by TimT; 04-13-2011 at 07:15 AM. Reason: added ps