View Single Post
Old 01-09-2004, 05:36 PM

reefknight is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to reefknight Send a message via MSN to reefknight Send a message via Yahoo to reefknight
Default I think you all need a few facts

Lets talk stores
I buy at several stores now and have been around since the begining of saltwater in BC. Here comes the history lesson.there were three guys that started selling saltwater in bc more than 25yrs ago. one was Paul's Aquarium other was my Boss (Pacific Tropicals) who was a wholesaler and me. I maintained the 275 tanks both fresh and saltwater.

Go figure I buy at pauls now because he is the most experienced.
J&L is a newer store and started in the hobby as one of Paul's customers.
J&L I buy reef janitors from (His prices are best there)
But every fish I bought from J&L has died soon after but his coral selections are very good and hold the test of time. Now his live rock is another thing, it's dead (no light on tanks?) He also seems to be trying to build a customer base buy undercuting the other stores...will it last?

Big Al's - there tanks often don't get the care they need so I often see dead fish in the tanks....I'm not buyin there because of this and same thing, most of his live rock tanks are poorly lit so most rock is dead.

Of course there is a lot of other stores with both good and bad records. Store choices are all up to the buyer and the opions are purely my own and based on my past and present experience, just thought you needed to know a little salt history in BC