View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 07:28 AM

OscarMeyer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcha0s View Post
For sure I agree this light is awesome. First class all the way, but that's not my concern. Your success is also encouraging, but I'm really hoping we can get some evidence of long term success?

There are many reports of tanks doing well over short periods of time and then taking a turn for the worse. There are very few people that claim long term success. As the OP has had this light for 8 months and claims excellent growth, I am still hopeful that he will share pictures to support this. There is no one better qualified to address this question than TheDogFather as he brought in one of the very first lights.

Another Canreef thread just took an interesting turn - Post 8: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...threadid=74046

- Brad
I dont know what your looking for the light has only been out alittle over a year? sooo really and truly the long term haul for these lights have yet to be proven, LED technology on the other hand, has been proven over and over again, and has been in the Saltwater industry for quite a while, sure it hasn't been as main stream as it is now, but there are many tanks that have been using LED as full lighting and for supplemental, and all tanks have had great color and growth from the corals.

Im searching for a thread now on a another forum. Shes been using Par38's over her tank for quite a while and she has had some excellent growth.

Ummmmmm I'm interested in reading these threads your saying that they had amazing improvements with the light, and then took a turn for the worse? I would like to see some proof? I find blaming the light the easy way out, there are to many factors that come into play when your talking about growth and color.

I hope I'm not coming off as rude here, but you bought the light, get it on your tank and find out for yourself? I mean you have already made that investment, and if your starting to worry about your investment now, just return it and get a MH setup, but say hello to a high electricity bill, and have fun changing your bulbs every 6-8 months, and for that reason, along with many others, going to a full LED setup made perfect sense to me!

Another thing you have to think about, Vertex Aquaristik, is a pretty big company, and I'm almost 100% certain, a company of that size has put numerous hours into this light, to make sure it can support coral growth. I also don't see them putting a product on the market where it could be detrimental to your tank. This is just my personal opinion though.

Cheers Todd

Also My build thread doesn't have to many photos of growth, but in the 4-5 months of having my light, the PE, and the growth i have seen has been amazing! I do nothing besides a 25% water change weekly.

Last edited by OscarMeyer; 04-02-2011 at 07:31 AM.