View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 08:18 PM

Willito is on a distinguished road

I am no expert on bulk chemicals but have been using it for about 3 years and have purchased from different places.
IME, the products (Calcium chloride, Magnesium chloride, Magnesium sulfate, Sodium carbonate) that I first purchased from BRS 3 years ago has the best solubility. It also leaves no residue and is as clear as water. I’ve gotten tremendous results from using their products, by far the best I’ve encountered. My most recent purchase (6 months ago) from BRS was just as good, except the Sodium carbonate was different this time. When mixed, it was not as clear as previous, and a thin layer of foam would collect at the surface. It was definitely different, lower quality?? Don’t know.

Faster forward to today, I just finished testing the bulk chemicals from Eli.
Using the exact same recipe and mixing instructions from BRS I performed the test comparison.
All three solutions appear to be as clear as water with no residue at the bottom. It dissolved just as fast. I even went a step further and increased the concentration by 25%, the result was no different.
For me, these chemicals are as good as BRS in terms of solubility and clarity. I have no idea how the purity would match up between the two products but I guess that can be established with the product data sheets. I think the days of outrageous shipping cost for bulk chemicals from the U.S is near long gone. Hopefully Eli can bring a sustainable supply of these chemicals in at a reasonable price.