View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 05:32 PM

brizzo is on a distinguished road

It's been a long while since I lurked back onto Canreef. I took a break from being on here due to the constant threads about politics and arguments over silly BS.

Anyhow, my new nanocube setup has been up and running for almost a year now but sadly not much progress has been made on it. Real life, time, and other hobbies have been in the way. I currently have a 20g long running with all my sps and clams, and the 28g cube with rock, a hawkfish, candy cane lps, and hammer coral.

Over the last 3 months roughly a new algae appeared, and to my dismay each time I tried to remove it the problem got worse. Due to other distractions, I let it get out of control. To my dismay, I recently learned it was Bryopsis that was taking a strangle hold on my tank. Sunday night I started the progress of raising my Mg from 1300 to 1700ppm in the hopes of eradicating this pest. I will admit I'm slightly embarrassed to post pictures of my algae mess, but it's not *that* bad. I took some photos last night, but forgot to email them to work -- but here is one that I did put on Facebook.

"Spoticus" my Falco Hawkfish