View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 04:08 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

finally home on the rock so starting a 60g 24" custom cube brought all my glass with me from edmonton and brought my liverock as well glad to say it all made it down fine

so i did my rounds on the fishstores here and i gotta say.......well im not sure what to say but i do know that im setting up a pile of frag tanks and ordering in a pile of coral......i dont like the high prices and the lack of availibilitiy.

i have plans in motion to set up a home based business selling coral and coral only im gonna try to bring in rare corals and corals not found normally here and im not going to be charging an arm and a leg and my ultimate goal is for things to be accessible and affordable as it should be......lets face it finger leathers shouldnt be sold for $60-80 and an open brain shouldnt run you over a $100.........alot of people know me from edmonton and most know me as a deal finder and a place for free great advice and i strongly dislike those who sell for way more then they should or see people as dollar signs.

i wont be opening your typical store front there will be no dry goods no excess of empty tanks no liverock bins no fish.......its a hobby and a passion for me first and with all the years ive been reefing ive learned that friends are your best customers and that a good name gets passed around very fast.

i cant compete with large retailers for buckets of salt i cant compete against lighting or other things bought by bulk and sold for less.

im gonna sell what i know and thats corals so to cut down cost ill be opening my house to others ill have a display set up and some small frag tanks , im gonna treat it as my home tanks everything will be healthy and looked after all day and night. i have someone to buy nice corals from reguraly and ill fill my display and frag tanks with these corals. ill be placing orders as often as i can and the idea is to sell something from my tank and replace it with something else. if something doesnt sell right away then i keep it healthy while it grows untill it does sell. after so many years in this wonderfull hobby ive learned what sells and what doesnt.

i have a plan written up and in the process right now of building it all and once running im gonna treat it like my own tanks, after all this is my passion and my hobby first and not a overnight money maker.

i plan to offer aquarium maintanance and to build custom tanks and stands as well as bring in coral that we all want not just what sells at the local big chains

my overall goal is to make things here more affordable easier to find, to have the salty community more together and make it easy for new comers to join the hobby without being rich.im going to be offering free advice even if it means me coming out to your house to give it ill be offering tank maintenance and building custom tanks and building stands of all kinds and designs.

long term would eventually see me starting up bigger tanks although i believe i am always just gonna offer coral for a good price and mainly offer advice and knowlege and friendly gestures to those who can use it.

its great to be home and in a place i truely love doing what i truely love, i hope to bring alot of new people into the reefing world and make alot of new friends.............and as we all know you cant go anywhere in this hobby by yourself it takes friends,knowlege,and sometimes a helping hand to truely enjoy and uderstand this beautiful hobby

cheers all hope to talk to alot of you soon!!!!!!