View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 06:25 AM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road
Default Things that make you say Oh S**t!

So I got home late last night and being that I was not tired and anxious to make sure my ato was working properly, {I had plumbed it in the night before} I excitedly filled the 50g barrel and ran it to test for leaks..it was perfect, no leaks at all. Feeling kind of smug about my work I proceded to putter around the den a bit setting a few more things up and organize the room a bit more, after doing this for about 5-10 minutes I heard a noise that just didn't sound right. Looked at the tank, nope it seems ok, looked down at the floor..water fricken everywhere. Fortunately I quickly figured out the problem, when I tested the pump and it ran water through the line it also crated a reverse siphon from the barrel, so it sucked about 10g of water on the floor before I was able to grab my cordless and drill a release hole in the pipe. So now that I have spent the last 2 hours cleaning up this bloody mess, here is the real problem..How the heck do I explain to my wife when she goes to shower in the morning, that there are no towels in the house because I have used every bloody one of them to suck up all this water....Oh boy, I am going to be in big twubble.