View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 04:35 AM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

I have my neighbourgh coming over every second day to feed my fishes and I put a web cam on my aquarium so that I can check if everything is ok. I can see if the fishes are swimming and if everybody is there. I can see if the water is clear and if corals are open, if my skimmer and lighting are working ok.

Quite a piece of mind. I check on my cellular phone the web cam image and since I have installed mini opera on my cell phone I can zoom in the image and see quite a lot of detail. 20$ for the web cam, free yamcam sorftware.

Some people have a net module on their controler, so they can get all sort of info via email. Salinity, temperature, PH, ORP and what ever they have their controler set for.

I do put my aquarium pumps and skimmer on a Noma 400 power backup when I leave, so that if there is a power outage the tank wont die from lack of oxygen.

Next time it's going to be tricky because I now have a copperband butterfly that only eat live white worms, and fresh oyster and mussles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyg_99 View Post
what do you do with your tanks/reefs when you go on vacation???

is there any services you can pay someone to come in and feed/check on your fish??