View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 10:37 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zum14 View Post
Have you noticed any increase in your utility bills? If you dont mind me asking of course. Im just concerned when its -30 out that the inside air will partially heat the incoming air on the exchange but not fully and so the furnace has to make up for it right? Also the fans on, running all the time is extra eletricity that adds up. Im not exactly sure how efficient they are. Its hard to find information on them in this town. My other issue is prince george doesnt exactly have a good reputation for being a fresh smelling town. Some days i dont want the outside air inside as its wafting from a sewage treatment plant or pulpmill ( i know right? ) id need a filter option on it and thats also extra as well.
I actually haven't noticed a HUGE surge in the utility bill. Maybe just slightly. That may be because previously what we did was 1. turn on all the fans in the house (microwave, bathrooms, etc), and have them run for a while. 2. Crank open windows in the house. Thus, there would be a drain on electricity with the fans on and a drain on the heat with the windows open So, with the HRV I think it balances out.