View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 10:42 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I run my filter sock by itself in the washing machine. I get all a giddy if I can do 2 or 3 but for the most part it's an empty machine. You wouldn't really want anything else in with them.

It works amazingly well. Just a splash of bleach and away we go. I tried just rinsing them by hand really well between uses but that was no good, the smell even after rinsing was too much. Washing machine is the only way to go I think.

I went to 4" socks on my new tank and it's annoying as heck that I have to change them out every 3-4 days or so now though. I'm OK with once a week but more is too much. I am excited to try out some mesh socks as an alternative, just got them in from BRS yesterday. They are a nylon or something similar material, looks like they should just hose off clean and clog far less often. Might be something you want to look into if you're not comfortable with cleaning yours in the washing machine.