Thread: Sickening
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 01:08 AM

phi delt reefer is on a distinguished road

you have to lay most of the blame with the industry though. I'm sure with some hard work you could rehabilate a couple of them to become family dogs but for the most part these dogs are raised like wild animals and treated as such. People have to stop supporting STUPID tourist attractions like dog sledding to ensure animals are never raised in these types of setups. Think of Greyhounds and racing - once they are past their prime its the needle or a home if they can find one - which is tough cause the dogs usually have some medical issues after being raced so hard for so long and most pet insurance programs wont insure these breeds against breed specific ailments.

I agree with everyone here but we have to put our foot down. Animals should be raised as pets and never as workers for once their is no work there is no unemployment line for them. They are considered physical assets. Do your part and never participate in anything like dog races, dog sledding, etc. Once demand dwindles - things like this will cease to occur.

I am truly saddened by the events that transpired in Whistler and hopefully with all the media attention some justice is served.