Old 01-30-2011, 07:19 PM

ensquire is on a distinguished road
Default UMMMMM Luck maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws View Post
3 Occerelis
2 Pink Skunk
Tomato Clown
I have to ask, how do you manage to keep 3 different type of clowns in one tank? Any hints, as I have a pair of skunks and 2 big nems, what they are not using.
Like eventually have a pair of tomatoes or clarkies but afraid to start the war.
I originally bought 4 occerelis clowns and they did pick on the runt for the first week or so. I got a Red LTA and noone went near it so I got a sabae Anenome and they ignored that one as well. Tried the 2 pink skunks and they ignored the nems also So i brought in 2 Clarkii who loved both Nems but were absolute bullies after a couple of weeks, so I had to take everything out of the tank to catch them.
Next was to try a condi and the Occerilis ignored that but started liking the Sabae and things were peaceful. For A Bit..... Then they took out the runt Occerelis. The Sabae went looking for a new home and ended up in filter intake, so I ordered a new Sabae Nem with a Clarkii again but I made sure it was a runt. Peaceful times again. But noone would go near Red Lta
so I got a Tomato. Went directly to LTA and has never left. Clarki liked condis and Occ's had 2 Condi's to play in.
All was peaceful until I had to take in 4 new fish from a friends crashed tanks, so for some reason the Occ's killed the Clarkii. To many fish, to small of a tank. this will change when new tanks come on line.
The Pink have always stayed to one area , the Occ's to the left side and the Tomato stays in host.
I would probably not do it the same way again, but I like clowns and Nems.
Next tank will only have a pair of Gold Stripe Maroons and a Carpet Nem or a few minis.