View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 08:54 PM

GMGQ is on a distinguished road

Well I want to dial back the voltage so that the LEDs arent running at 100%, plus this is a test project for me, so I want to see what varying voltages will do with the brightness/colour.

Also the buck puck is the size of a quarter, the meanwell is the size of a brick. I just figured I shove the buck puck into a little black project box from radio shack, and screw the pot into the lid.

What extras would I need with a buck puck? The one I linked to comes with the pot pre-wired, so I figure all I need is an AC power adapter?

LMK what you think thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseepman View Post
Unless dimming these is of utmost importance to you (for a fuge I would think not) I would get either a meanwell LPC-35-700 or a LPC-60-1050 (if you want higer mA). This way you just wire it and go...if you need to add more LED's you can (up to 12). The buckpuck costs the same, but you still need to buy all the extras to make it run and it caps out at 6 LED's.
Just my humble opion though. Here's a link where you could get the Drivers. http://www.rapidled.com/servlet/the-Drivers/Categories

2016/2017 180Gallon Build Coming Soon...