View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 11:34 PM

zum14 is on a distinguished road

So not a whole heck of a lot of change on the tank lately, everythings growing great except for the one open brain (cant remember if its trach. or wells.) but ya, feed every say 4 days, have tried just about every food on it, not forcing but sort of letting the slow current sweep the food across it, have tried the smaller stuff as well, it was showing some signs of growth, or so I thought, but now i feel like im either not seeing any growth or go as far as saying maybe a bit of recession. Theres a trachyphyllia about an 1" away from it and it almost seems like its getting bigger every week. I dunno, some days I wonder if its lost its will. Im not giving up yet though, trying to keep any algae off it and ill keep trying to feed it till the bitter end. Anyone think a med/dip would have any positive effects?? I know there are no critters in the tank anymore, Ive spent hours watching with the lights out and all I see are pods. (Have a red LED flashlight that works great) Nothing else in the tank is showing signs of stress, everything actually seems the opposite. The platygyra seems to be getting puffier and whiter, lots of feeding tentacles at dinner time, no sweepers noticed yet though. Oh well Ill keep plugging along. I got all my float switches plus some this week.

But due to a shipping mishap it looks like the controllers going to be a week behind schedule. It sucks but what you gonna do? I need some time to figure out how im going to mount all these things anyways. I want one for the tank, overflow, three in the sump (one for water top up, one for low sump water, one for high sump water incase of float failure on the top up) and one will be for the water topup container in the basement incase the water level gets too low in the bucket it wont run the pump dry. That will be my 6 for the one IO box I ordered and if I think of some more well I have some extra switches and also have extras for failures. I have some trimming to do tomorrow and may update the FTS but havent been to keen on it as its going to be a while before I get my final look as Im waiting for my rock to finish cooking. I want to be ultra sure whatever in that rock has long died so I dont bring another 2 crabs back in. That was 6 crabs in 50lbs of liverock.

"Nah, unless they got any big, giant robot camels I think were ok."

"Ah.....Jim.......robot camels"