View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 02:11 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella3d View Post
I just read of a study on cyanide effect on fish and it destroy their internal intestinal flora and dammage the liver, so even if the fish eat it does not gain weight as it cannot absorb the food.

If your fish was gaining weight ain't that a sign it was not poisoned by cyanide? I wish I could find more on this, but basicaly that's what I read for the symptoms of cyanide related deadth.

I am guessing that a lot of copperband death are blamed on cyanide, wether it is cyanide or not, hard to tell without a proper test. I have also read that a fish dead from cyanide poison has very pale gills but that's probably when they die right after cyanide exposure, not 4 months later.
Not really sure from a research point of view, I just have heard other members from here say that the fish could look perfectly healthy, be eating and doing well then die from cyanide without warning and that the cyanide could last in their systems for up to 6 months. The was a big thread a long time ago about it and there were people who added some scientific research to it, but it was a while ago and I can't remember what all the thread said. When I have some time I will try to find the thread and post a link to it.