Thread: Zoa Lighting
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 04:25 AM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

T5 are best for coloring zoanthids up. Zoanthids are hard to keep, those beautiful and rare that is.

I have them under metal halide in my 75 gallons and under T5 in my 21 gallons nano and the colors are very different. For exemple, I have a frag of pink and gold paly in both tank from the same frag and in the 75 gallon with MH 14k light they are dull and with very long tentacles, mostly gold in color. In the 21 gallons with 4 x 24 watt 2 actinic, 1 fiji purple and one 14k aquablue special, the color is really nice with the pink in the center quite intense and the skirt being gold. The tentacles on those under T5 and short and fat, the tentacles under 14k MH are long and skinny.

So I prefer the T5 for my zoanthids growth and color. You should probably go for a 48" 4 neon fixture as 2 is probably not enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
Hi all i am wondering what would b a good light for my 4' 45 gallon tank, it has a 15" of water in it. i am not looking at spending a whole lot of money on it but i could save if needed. Just want to know a good light that'd work for this application. Don't have a budget yet so.. ya lol. Rigt now i have a coralife dual t5 thing. Anyways any input would b appreciated.

Cheers, Ian