View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 11:43 PM

zum14 is on a distinguished road

So a bit of an update on this tank. Dont get too excited this isnt the final look. I have a bunch of trimming and theres a couple of corals going out for trade, some going to get hacked up a little smaller. Its tough dealing with a small landscape. I am enjoying the level of maintenance on a smaller system. Water top up is crutial. I wont be getting any fish or inverts still my controller arrives and I can set up my auto top off. Topping up every night is getting a bit tiring. So ya ordered an apex lite, bunch of float switches, everything should be here by next weekend so i can get it all set up. Ive been looking at maybe bushing my mag 7 down to a 1/4" line and seeing if it will pump up from my basement. From the flow charts it looks like it should and I cant really see the large restriction on the out line causing an issue as its kind of the same as a ball valve or similar. Test is conducted tonight or tomorrow night. Couple pics. Im going to wait till I get my full rock back before submitting a pic to the full tank shot thread. ( One large piece is cooking with the leftover rocks as I wasnt able to get the two crabs out and wasnt going to take any chances this time. Thats why it looks like its missing something.)

And I know the coral colors are not there, I know, I just spent a good chunk of change on the controller so Im making due with a couple of 36" hagen t5 fixtures with hagen bulbs. There on top of the stand so there like 14" away from the tank and just look terrible. Light is next on the list.

"Nah, unless they got any big, giant robot camels I think were ok."

"Ah.....Jim.......robot camels"

Last edited by zum14; 01-06-2011 at 11:46 PM.