View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 02:07 PM

jassz is on a distinguished road

So I thought I'd give an update that this fish is at least 'testing' some of the foodI put into the tank. And eating some of it too, hopefully. I saw him take a small piece of prawn into his mouth, chew it for awhile then spit it out. Same with silversides and maybe clam. It's hard to always see what he's doing, but I hope he ate some too. It may be at least whetting his appetite, because after that he proceeded to eat like 50 aptasia! I don't know if there is enough nutrition in that, but I'm trying to soak often in selcon and garlic, so hopefully the aptasia eat that before he eats them. Sometimes his lips look sore, adn sometimes they don't look too bad. He does twitch a bit. I've been watching for signs of ick (nothing yet). But is there anything else I should be watching for? The only time I've seen him poop was right after we got him in the tank, and it was white and kinda liquidy (but he was understandably a bit stressed).

I really like this fish, and I think he is good for the tank eating so much aptasia. I hope he makes it!