View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 06:39 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Oh, ya. I guess it's a money thing. I have never heard a bad comment about Profilux, other than most of us can't afford one
I have a Profilux on my system and if it broke today I would not buy another one. Once everything is set up and I don't have to touch it, it isn't so bad. However, if I ever need to do anything with the controller, that is use the interface, I cringe. It is the worst piece of software I have ever used. Crashes at least once a session. Sometimes doesn't even connect with the controller. Very frustrating. To keep the controller up to date it is recommended that you update the firmware frequently. This exercise is like hammering nails into your foot. Painful. The iPhone app for the Profilux? Not even officially supported by GHL. It is a third party app that someone wrote that hooks into a third party website (which is also not officially supported by GHL). You have to give that website complete control of your Profilux (ie, login ID, and Password) so that the iPhone app can proxy through it. The iPhone app does not directly communicate with the Profilux head unit which is pretty lame if you ask me.

The Profilux is a very powerful controller, but comes with its own sets of issues. I would personally not buy another one.