View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 09:34 PM

amoreira is on a distinguished road

I had the RKE. One major problem, I encountered with it is that the pH/Orp probes are not current isolated. That is to say any stray current or EM interference in your system will throw the measurement off. Another fault is that you cannot independently calibrate two probes on separate module. Calibrate one, then the other gets thrown off. For these reasons, I dumped the RKE and got an Apex. I'v no experience with the profilux.

Mind you I've also experienced some issues with the apex such as a mysterious shutdown of my recirc pumps and lighting for four hours ( when I was away) and it came back on bye itself. I also found the alarms a bit tricky to program and the alarm messages cryptic. Overall the apex looks more solid than the RKE. I hope this helps.
180 gal tank, 50 gal sump, PM RFCa6 Ca Reactor, SWC Extreme 250 1A Cone Skimmer, Tunz Osmolator ATOF, Aquacontroller Apex, Aquaillumination Sol Super Blue 6 x 75w Units, Acros/Softies/LPS/Mushrooms/Zoos, Purple/Powder Blue/Yellow Tang/3xBlue Chromis/2xTomato Clown/Lawnmower Blenny