View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 12:15 AM

gucci17 is on a distinguished road
Default Stand suggestions...

I had originally planned to setup shop in this now empty storage room but because of the intense slope and uneveness of the floor it had to be moved out.

I really didn't want to move it out, not just the fact that I spent countless hours cleaning out all the personal belongings of my family and scrubbing the floors but because the furnace room was next door. It was the perfect spot to hook up my RO/DI and hide all my water storage tanks. Anyhow, I've now moved my operations to the main basement living area.

And this is were I am currently at...

My poor tank is all alone in the room because it's too wide to fit through the door because of the extra 7" the external overflow sticks out. I may try to use a piece of plywood and styrofoam to flip the tank on to and slide it out. Either that, or I can wait for someone to offer their muscles and help me move it!

Now back to the stand...with it being metal, I am going to have a hard time mounting any of my equipment, plumbing and wires. I think I will have to go with almost all hard plumbing and maybe zip tying my loose wires/cables onto the pvc pipe. That solves my plumbing and wiring problem some what but what about my powerbars and controller/doser? I suppose I could built some sort of makeshift stand underneath with wood for it to sit on but how to make it look good is the question? I am close to the point where I may just skin the stand with plywood and use rare-earth magnets to hold it up. That should hide it all...

Any suggestions?