View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 04:06 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Any idea what sort of "look" you're hoping to go for? Over 12" of height the two t5's would be enough for supplemental lighting and dusk/dawn effects but if you're hoping for a more hybrid setup with more t5's then maybe the loss of efficiency in the reflector is a small price to pay for that enhanced versatility overall. I guess the real question is the spread of the spiderlight, at 36" you're probably looking at two lamps for the length, but at 24" wide it might be at the threshold of how far those reflectors can throw lights towards the edges.

I have a bunch of reflectors and 175w ballasts I was thinking of selling (but they are Reef Optix 3 (spider/parabolic type) and cap/coil ballasts so if you're set on electronic and lumenarc style then this of course doesn't help you, but OTOH if you're looking for something more economic to let you mix and match before settling on a final equipment combo .. drop me a line.)

Last edited by Delphinus; 12-23-2010 at 04:10 PM.