Thread: First Anemone
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 07:47 PM

paddyob is on a distinguished road

If the Ocellaris are already hosting your brain... it might be hard to get them to move just because you added an anemone. I added a GBTA to my last tank hoping they would finally leave my frogspawn and it never worked. They never even looked at the GBTA.

When I set up my new tank... I added my RBTA first... then the clowns. I had to be patient because it took about 2 weeks for them to move in.

After that I added my Frogspawn to the tank and they have not given it a second look.

So basically I am saying...

1) try removing the brain before hand and it will make the clowns look for a new home.

2) Try taping a picture of the same type Nem with an ocellaris inside to the glass. Yes this actually worked for me. Someone told me to try it in the past. My clowns were not interested in the nem for almost 2 weeks. I tried the picture and within 3 days following they entered and have never left.

As for polluting your tank... its possible. They can also start a spawning frenzy as well.... which my last one did and caused a white out in my tank. Even my snails started releasing eggs when the nem was. crazy.

With a 120G tank though.... you should not worry too much.. you have a lot of water volume so pollution would not be as quick. maintain water quality and your parameters and you should be fine.

As for walking around your tank. I find you can train them with your power heads. If they go somewhere you dont want them... alter your flow. Keep altering your flow patterns until he is generally where you want it. Mine has a small area it likes... a strip we will call it about 5" x 10". He moves around that area daily buy never anywhere else. So I don't put any coral in that area and conflict solved.

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.