Thread: Runners?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 05:59 PM

cwatkins is on a distinguished road

I had a RAPID metabolism change back in Feb 2009 (people used to call me skinny @ 150lbs), and since then have gained slowy up to about 180-185lbs.

(I guess that's what getting married does to a man!)

So I've noticed my knees not feeling as good as they used to. I did the Grouse Grind 32 times this summer, and loved it except for my knees. (didn't lose weight -- I think it's mostly strength training)

I figure I'll start doing indoor treadmill running this december/jan/feb and get back to ourdoor running in March.

Last time I did outdoor running for 6 months, I lost 10-15 lbs (that's how I initially got down to 150-ish).

I find it REALLY helps to have someone (comparable) to run with otherwise I have no motiviation. Also treadmilling and cardio does help prepare you for the outdoors. If you can do 30 minutes of running on a treadmill, then you can do a 15-20 minute outdoor run around the neighbourhood...

If you have an iPhone, iTouch or iPod, look into the Nike running thing that you put in your shoe and it tracks your run. I have one at home.