View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 02:03 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Wow, is it really that hard or too much trouble to buy a few gifts for your family once a year? I mean yeah you don't need gifts but realistically it's the thought that counts so something, big or small, is always better than nothing.

Christmas is the only time I get together with the whole family at once and I for one enjoy surprising everyone with a little something, it's fun! Yeah it's difficult sometimes but anything good takes effort just like a fish tank.
I feel the stress of buying something. I enjoy the giving part, I just get stressed out about not buying the right thing and wasting money on something they won't use in comparison to buying them something useful. Then I get stressed because my inlaws spend huuuuuge amounts of money on gifts, and my (our) gifts back seem so incomparable, and I feel pressured to spend more than I am comfortable with.

I actually had quite a good time shopping for 6 hours today, and I got most of it done!

Now, the family part...I LOVE that part! The big dinner, a bunch of family over, happy occasion, good times, and don't forget all the fun decorations!

In the past I have also given out stockings (aka wool socks) filled with street goodies for the homeless that I give out on Christmas Eve. I always kept track of how much I spent buying gifts, and I would spend the same amount on my Homeless Stockings. I haven't don't that in the last few years though.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 12-08-2010 at 02:06 AM.