Thread: Vortech Failure
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 12:33 AM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
Well I seem to be having a problem finding out what to do. Talked to Ecotech and was told to send it but when I said I was from Canada they told me to go to thestore I bought it from. Did that and the owner said that his supplier told him that we have to deal with Ecotech directly. The store owner is helping me out with this but i'm really starting to get ****ed. The pump is already packed up and ready to send out. If this pump has to be sent to Pennsylvania during this time of the year it's going to take forever to finally have it back working in my tank. I'm guessing at least a month. So as far as i'm concerned that is not good service. Actually thinking of replacing the bearings myself to save all this hassle because it's obviously the bearings that are shot. But than I screw my warranty. This Vortech is only 4 months old. After dealing with this for a week now and still having it sit with no answers my suggestion to you Mark is to stay away from the Vortech due to the warranty service that i am getting.
Being in Canada, they don't want to deal with us directly. the first time I dealt with them, they did send me the new component from the US. I talked to them a week ago, and now you have to deal with someone in Canada. Sorry, I can't recall who, and I deleted the email. I would suggest that you call them back on Monday, and ask who to deal with, as they have a particular person/company that they told me about.

The LFS you bought it from should be able to help, but it may be faster to find out the direct Canadian wholesaler.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk