View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 03:59 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Lived here my whole life (let's call it 4 decades, it's only a few months shy of the mark). I'm not sure what percentage that puts me in but it's not huge. The irony is that probably more people in town were happy with yesterday's football game than not. (I couldn't care less BTW but that's another story).

Anyhow. It's been taking me anywhere from 60 to 120 minutes to get to work this last week. My commute is a whopping 8km long.

So .. yeah. I have words to share about this but they're not fit to print.

It snows here. WHO KNEW IT COULD SNOW IN CANADA LET ALONE ALBERTA. Wowee what a news flash. Adjust your maximum speed, leave room ahead of you for braking and slow down on corners. It's not rocket science. Someone posted a rant the other day about people who drive too fast for the sake of 12 minutes and I thought .. well, I sympathize. I really do. You shouldn't have to feel like you're risking your life because of jerks who drive too aggressively when the conditions are suboptimal. I get that fully. But 12 minutes?! 12 minutes when it snows? Holy crap! How nice it would be if snow meant only *12* minutes more to my commute!

Seem to be two kinds of drivers: those are too aggressive, and those that are too fearful. Neither should be on the roads.

That reminds me, I'm missing Canada's Worst Driver right now...