View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 05:51 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Small tanks don't seem to be my forte. I shutdown what had once been a fairly nice zoanthid tank over that the valonia got the better of things. In the bigger tank valonia just isn't an issue since the fish in there will destroy it. This 40g carpet tank is the same sort of thing, nobody who will fit into it will take caulerpa down. I experimented with a number of urchins but they seem to be more interested in wearing a hat made of caulerpa rather than eating it.

The autofeeder was a bit off putting though. A few times the last few months I've found it in that wonky display state but at least not stuck on. Powering it off was enough to reset it. It's a Rena, I dunno, are these prone to failure? I picked it on the basis that it was what Snappy used on his tank and seemed to serve him well. There must be an electrical thing going on somewhere, bad power bar maybe?? Yet another reason to speed up the shutdowns of the current tanks.

Things could be a lot worse but yeah these little incidents seem to drive home the need to move things over sooner rather than later...