View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 04:02 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough
Default 6-line wrasse *help* which tank should he go back into

I need peoples opinions I have a 6-line wrasse, I bought him for the reef tank. However when I first added the 6-line my red corris picked on him a bit. After a few days they seemed to be getting along ok but then I found the 6-line in the overflow. Had the 6-line for about a week before I found him in the overflow. Fished him out and he seemed to be fine and everyone seemed to be getting along ok, but my only guess is that the red corris picked on him and chased him into the overflow.

A few more days after that passed and I noticed that the 6-line seemed to be getting more settled in the tank and I even saw the red corris and 6-line swim together (not chasing each other, but like they were enjoying hanging out together) so I thought they'd be fine. However I went to Calgary for a few days and when I got back I found the 6-line in the refugium part of the sump. So I guess he got chased back into the overflow and went for a ride. He seems to be ok.

My problem now is do I put the 6-line back in the reef to possibly have him chased out into the overflow again or do I risk putting him into the folwr tank which has no cap/lid on it (greater chance for him to jump out) and is also home to my cleaner wrasse which I would be ****ed if the 6-line started terrorizing. AHHHHHHH! What to do

Any suggestions? I'm heading to bed soon but am going to check this thread in the morning (figure he'll be fine in the refugium for one more night) and hopefully with everyone's help I'll be able to figure out which tank to put him in.