View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 12:46 PM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

Nope, mine does not have ich in it and I don't want ich in it.

That's a myth that every tank has ich. Ich is a parasite and it does not have to be in a tank and on a fish. It weaken the fish and although you don't see the white dots maybe, a certain amount of parasites can still be on the gill and weaken the fish if it become stressed and create an outbreak.

Tank must be fallow for 8 weeks.

Fish can still be carrying ich without showing sign so yes an hyposalinity is not 100% garantee to get rid of it but it is much more sure than not doing quarantine, especialy if you have an ich magnet like a hippo tang. Make no mistake, people do lose fish from ich and something many fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Treating Ich doesn't make sense to me to begin with... ...almost every single tank out there has Ich in it. Every time you add a coral or rock or a fish or a snail or anything wet to your tank (unless you're extremely diligent with dipping/quarantining) you are likely to add Ich. Imo no tank is Ich free unless it has sat fallow for at least 6 weeks since the last "wet" addition. Even then, you would have to be awfully diligent about adding the quarantined fish back to the tank because fish can still carry Ich without visibly showing infection.

Last edited by daniella3d; 11-11-2010 at 12:49 PM.