View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 02:51 AM

Ian is on a distinguished road

I have a classroom system set up in my classroom that is 2 display tanks and a fuge all connected. All are 30 gallon tanks so I have the benefit from larger volume and can have different tank types. So far I have a peacock mantis in one and a pair of clowns and 1 tiny foxface in the other( I know it will outgrow this tank but then it will come home to my display here). I will not be going with anything other than easy softies and Lps and the mantis will be moving into the sump in time, it is viewable as well.

So far the kids love them and the mantis is a complete hit ....keep it simple and as easy as you can to maintain..this setup I have left for 5 days and it is fine...I am making tops for all tanks and all fish I choose will be on pellets prior to summer (mantis will come home) so the tanks will be able to be left for longer periods of time.

Have fun