View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 11:32 PM

Magma is on a distinguished road
Default Magma's 75gal Build

Picked up a 75gal tank a little while ago and now that we have figured out what to do with it I figure lets start the build!

So I put it into place in the living room and started to fill it today. But it worked fine untill I got 3/4 of the water into the tank and it sprung a leak..bottom front middle of the tank...Damn..a 5ft stream of water out a whole no bigger than a pin. I raced to clean it up but still ended up with a fair amount of water on the floor :S wife is not happy.

So back to the drawing boards. I need to re-seal the tank before anything happens. Most of the tank is done now just doing a nice neat job on the edges.

Also painted the back of the tank black just with normal paint, rolled it on and I notice is peeling now but thats fine I have some black spray which I will use later this was just left over paint I had from something else anyways.

Hope to install some plugs inside the stand itself to help keep the mess of wires/power bars away from the back of the tank and inside the stand itself. Possibly some switches onto one side of the stand as well which control plugs for lights, power heads etc.