View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 12:30 AM

plutoniumJoe is on a distinguished road

I am all for personal freedom and individual rights. But where do one's individual rights stop and mine begin? I don't think that a ban is effective but I think that a substantial tax is warranted. We have other sin taxes for things that have far less social and health risks associated with them than obesity. Here in Canada it will be all of our responsibilities to care for children that have developed poor eating habits because they get hooked on high sodium, high fat, high fructose diets before they became old enough to distinguish for themsleves the benefits of a healthy diet. If unhealthy food cost the user Moore rather than the whole of society maybe people would think about what they were choosing rather than an inexpensive default to not preparing something healthy for their children.

I do not to claim to be without sin but my wife and I make sure that McDs is a rare "treat" and our kids don't crave it.

Foxface, Naso, Coral Beauty, 2 Clowns, 2 Chromis, Orange Anthias, and Striped Goby.