View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 05:54 PM

phi delt reefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by michika View Post
We've approached our broker who is discussing it with our house insurance (S.G.I). Under just our house insurance in the event of a failure insurance would cover restoration services, but would not replace equipment related to the tank. So if the unthinkable happened they'd restore my basement, but nothing in my tank room, or anything related to the tank.

With a rider policy we're trying to get replacement of equipment included in the event of a failure. From what I understand nobody will cover livestock.

When I start actually adding up the cost of all my equipment, even if most of it was acquired second hand, or DIYed, its still quite up there and I know I would forever be upset and miserable if my tank went and my equipment wasn't covered.
With that giant amazing tank your building I would make sure all your permits and sign offs are in order and well documented. A fire caused by DIY wiring in your basement would null and void the policyt - like i said... loop holes DIY it but make sure it all meets current codes.